This message was written by my cousin Edward.
Brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, For weeks and months, I have heard people saying “ I just can’t wait for things to be back to normal.” I remember even saying that a few times myself. But as I’ve thought about our current situation I have realized how much I don’t want things to go back to the way they were.
Here are a few of my thoughts…
1. I pray that the next time a friend grabs me and pulls me in for a hug, I actually take the time to appreciate the gift of their embrace.
2. I pray that when school resumes and my grand kids are being dropped off, I can take the time to thank the staff for the amazing gift that they give to our family.
3. I pray that the next time I’m sitting in a crowded restaurant I take the time to look around at the smiling faces, loud voices and thank God for the gift of community.
4. I pray that the next time I’m standing in church listening to the voices of praise that I take a moment to thank God for the gift of congregation, and the joy of the present. I have so much to thank God for.
5. I pray that the next time I see a person or situation that needs prayer, I hope I pray as passionately and fervently as I have these past few months.
6. I pray that when I am at the grocery store that I take a moment to thank God that He provides us with the necessities of life and the amazing people who work so hard to keep us supplied. (Philippians 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.)
7. I pray that I never again take for granted the ability to hop in the car and visit a friend, go to the mall or to the park.
So, truth is, I don’t want things to return to the way they once were. I pray that we take the lessons and challenges of the past year and create a new normal.
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart ,And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes.
My goal is to pray more, love harder, and truly appreciate the daily abundance of blessings that were so easily overlooked just a mere few months ago.
We do need a new normal of being more thankful to God!
Profiting from Trials
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
Psalm 37: 7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.
If you are reading this and do not know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, I would like to extend this invitation to you to receive the gift of salvation today. You can do so by praying and truly believing the prayer below, or by praying to God in your own Words.
I confess that I have sinned against You, and I know that there is nothing I can do by my own efforts to change my condition. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood and died on the cross for my sins; And that He rose from the grave on the Third Day to grant me eternal life. I know You love me, God, and I love You. I place my faith and trust only in You to conform my heart to Your will; And to order my steps everyday, from this day forward. Thank You , Lord, for saving me.
When we accept salvation, God saves us immediately, and makes us fit for entrance into Heaven, however some changes God will empower you to make easily, while making other changes will be a process that may take months or even years to make. Regardless of your situation, I assure you that the Lord loves you more than you could ever comprehend, and He will be with you every step of the way. Pray, study God’s Word and ask Him to give you revelation of what you are reading. I also pray that the Lord will direct you to a true Bible teaching, Jesus loving church, where you can have the support of other believers.