8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
Each day when You and I wake up, we have an opportunity to choose to be a force for evil or a force for good. We can either take on the identity of the lusts of the flesh or choose to take on the identities of the fruits of the spirit that are listed in Galatians 5:19-23.
• In your general interactions with others; Will you choose to be an Encourager who inspires and builds up those around you, or will you choose to be a Murderer with your mouth who tears people apart with your words?
• In your marriage: Will you choose to be Faithful and Loving to your spouse, or will you choose to be Unfaithful and cruel?
• On the job: Will you choose to be Trustworthy, Humble, and Collaborative, or will you choose to be Dishonest, Arrogant, and Uncooperative?
• When someone wrongs you, and the opportunity arises for you to get payback: Will you choose to be Merciful and Forgiving, or will you choose to be Vindictive?
• In your relationship with the God of the Bible: Will you choose to be Faithful, Grateful, and Prayerful, or will you choose to be Hypocritical, Prideful, and Self-Reliant?
We must gain an awareness of who we are currently being in each situation, and be willing to yield to God, so that His Holy Spirit can work within us to help us to be our best selves in each situation. This is very important because whoever we choose to be will drive our actions, and our actions will produce the tangible and intangible results we receive not only in this life, but in eternity.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith,
43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
• If we choose to commit to being a person of integrity and humility, the actions we take will result in others having confidence in us and them being able to easily relate to us in conversation. This opens the door for God to show us favor with others…Like He did with Joseph the Dreamer in Egypt.
• However, if we choose to be arrogant and be a backstabber on the job, we may get away with it for a little while, but sooner or later(if we don’t change,) we will be humbled. Our actions may result in us making a costly error that hurts the company, or someone worse than we are may take us down.
We need to determine the values that we will live by: the values that we will show in good times and bad times.
Personally, As a follower of Jesus Christ, I study God’s Word and write down the values that Jesus and other heroes of the Bible displayed; And I encourage you to do the same. Values like: faith, integrity, patience, courage, compassion, humility, gratitude, and perseverance.
For we who have placed our faith in Christ’s finished work at the cross, we know that God has promised us the ultimate victory over death, in that we have a home reserved for us in God’s eternal kingdom, however while we are living in this earthly realm we will face adversity and temptation. Things will not always go the way we think they should go. God’s Word says that it rains on the just and the unjust.
For most people it is easy to be brave and be a person of integrity when things are going good. It is easy for most of us to love people whom we know love us back and treat us good. The road to being the hero/champion is when adversity arise and things don’t go the way we thought they should have gone. Can we still look back at the situation and feel good because we didn’t abandon our values? It’s all about being able to look at ourselves in the mirror each day and lay our head on our pillow at night, with a clear conscience.
• When you were striving for an “A” on that school test, but received a “B”; You can feel good because you studied hard and resisted the temptation to cheat on the test.
• You are attending an office party, where there is an open bar; And your colleagues are teasing you about not taking a drink. You can feel at peace because you honored God by not indulging in strong drink, which may have had the potential to put you into a compromising position.
• When you were witnessing to that Atheist, in hopes that they’d receive Christ, yet they chose to curse you out and rage against God’s Holy Word; You can still feel at peace because you courageously shared the Gospel with that person, and allowed the Holy Spirit to help you keep your calm while the Atheist was fussing at you.
I’m yet to meet a single person who has ever told me that they enjoy being: Depressed, Stressed Out, or Confused. The world we live offers its share of things that will bring those emotions to the surface.
I want to tell the unsaved and remind the “born again” believer that there is an identity, there is a being that encompasses all of the values and the mindset needed to overcome anything this world throws at an individual. That is being the Righteousness of God; And this being only comes from receiving Jesus Christ as one’s personal Savior; And allowing Him to truly have First Place in our life as our redeemer, leader, and counselor.
II Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
If you are reading this and do not know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, I would like to extend this invitation to you to receive the gift of salvation today. You can do so by praying and truly believing the prayer below, or by praying to God in your own Words.
I confess that I have sinned against You, and I know that there is nothing I can do by my own efforts to change my condition. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood and died on the cross for my sins; And that He rose from the grave on the Third Day to grant me eternal life. I know You love me, God, and I love You. I place my faith and trust only in You to conform my heart to Your will; And to order my steps everyday, from this day forward. Thank You , Lord, for saving me.
When we accept salvation, God saves us immediately, and makes us fit for entrance into Heaven, however some changes God will empower you to make easily, while making other changes will be a process that may take months or even years to make. Regardless of your situation, I assure you that the Lord loves you more than you could ever comprehend, and He will be with you every step of the way. Pray, study God’s Word and ask Him to give you revelation of what you are reading. I also pray that the Lord will direct you to a true Bible teaching, Jesus loving church, where you can have the support of other believers.