Ezekiel 36:26-27 I will give YOU a new heart and put a new Spirit within YOU; I will take the heart of stone out of YOUR flesh and give YOU a heart of flesh.
(27 I will put My Spirit within YOU and cause YOU to walk in my statutes, and YOU will keep My judgments and do them.
CONDITIONS OF OUR HEARTS
1. Physically, “heart” for us tends to be one of the following: (1) an organ which pumps blood around the body; (2) feeling of romantic love; (3) our sentiments, affections and desires.
2. Spiritually, “heart” is the center of the whole human personality. It includes our thoughts, imagination, desire and wills. The heart wants what it desires. The prevailing desires of our hearts will govern the direction of our lives. It is important to know the condition of our hearts.
For the purposes of this post, we are speaking of a spiritual heart
Proverbs 4:3 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of its spring the issue of life.
Matthew 12:34 For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things; and desperately wicked; who can know it.
WHAT IS THE CONDITION OF YOUR HEART.
1. Is it still obedient and fearful of God?
2. Examine it.
3. Be completely honest with yourself regarding what you find.
2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
HEART OF STONE
1. A “heart of stone” has no spiritual life in it. It does not love, think nor desire a God centered life or direction. It cannot breathe; move; and grow. It is dead.
2. It is a heart that is unmoved by God himself and his words. A “heart of stone” cannot incline itself to love God and keep his commandments.
3. The most dangerous part of it is that a “heart of stone” becomes Satan’s throne.
NEW HEART AND SPIRIT
Whatever the condition of our hearts, there is hope In Christ Jesus. In our verse, He will give us a new heart and a new spirit. He will take away the “heart of stone” and replace it with a heart of flesh. This is to say that the Lord will give you a spiritual heart that is alive, and that the Holy Spirit can operate within to teach you and guide you into a victorious Christian life that glorifies God.
A “heart of stone” cannot be transformed into a heart of flesh by human means. Every human effort at spiritual regeneration will fail. We can make various resolutions; have the power of positive thinking; training programs; and books. It will be more difficult to find motivation to live a Christian life. Only the Holy Spirit can do it.
What is the current condition of your heart? Is it one of flesh or stone? We need a new heart. Pray for a new heart and spirit. This will make the difference. It is our identity in Christ.
Will it be painful to have a new heart? Could be, especially when letting go of our own self pride. It takes humility to let go of a heart of stone, and receive a new heart and spirit, HOWEVER the joy and eternal life it brings surpasses any pain or humiliation.
There is no shortage for a new heart. We do not control time. We do not know what tomorrow holds for us. Get it now.
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things.
Accept our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, today. Today is the day of salvation. Now is the accepted time. You may not really have tomorrow. Salvation is a free gift. Have a Blessed day.
Written By Edward Jeffries