This morning at the close of this post, I will have what we call “The Invitation.” In church, we sing a song of invitation and make an appeal for you to come to the altar. I believe that it is important to give each of you who reads this post an opportunity to respond to the message of God today. Hopefully, someone will accept this invitation to come and some will not. You may not really have tomorrow. You do not have to be in a church setting to accept this invitation. I am thankful that Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ invites us to come. That tells me that He cares about us.
I am thankful that when I was confronted with the gospel it was in the spirit of love and compassion. This is the spirit that you and I will see in my thread this morning as Jesus Christ invites us to come unto Him.
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (29) Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (30) For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
1. The Invitation: Come To Me.
A. He gives us an invitation to come to a person
1. Not an invitation to come to an institution.
2. Not an invitation to come to a religion.
3. This is a personal invitation to come to Him.
B. Who is He?
1. He is the One who was rejected, and invites us to come.
2. He is the One who was without sin and was crucified
to pay for our sins.
3. He is the One who has the power to receive and keep all
who come to Him. John 6:37
2. The Invited: All You:
A. Jesus’ invitation is all inclusive
1. When you and I send out invitations we sent only a few.
2. I am thankful that with Jesus the invitation is “whoever
will may come.
3. YOU SAY, MINISTER, HE DIDN’T SAY WHOSOEVER IN
4. I know, but He did say, “All you who labor and are heavy
laden” that includes everyone.
B. This invitation is to you and I today!
1. To all who are burdened with a load of sin
a. The Bible tells us that all have sinned and come short of
the glory of God.
b. That means that every MAN,WOMAN,BOY, AND GIRL,
is in the same boat.
c. We are helpless to do anything in and of ourselves to
alleviate the burden of sin.
2. To all who are broken and conquered by sin.
3. To all who are burdened with sorrow and doubt.
3. The Promise: I will give you rest.
A. The need for rest is evident.
1. We are living in the most restless age ever in this world.
2. There was a time when folks were content to take a slow
buggy ride, now we rush down the freeway to save time.
B. He alone can give us the rest we need.
1. The rest we need is not so much rest for our bodies, but
rest for our souls.
2. The rest is found only in the service of our Lord Matt.11:29.
How will you respond to Christ’s invitation this morning? He calls on each of us to come to Him and we will find rest for our souls. Are you burdened with sin today? Jesus can give you rest.
Are you heavy laden with the affairs of this life? Come to Him today. Whatever your need, whatever your burden you may be carrying, Jesus calls you to come. Will you reject His invitation or will you come? The choice is yours, you may not really have tomorrow. Have a Blessed Day.
Written By Edward Jeffries