1 Peter 5:5-11 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for (b) God resist the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
(6) Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
(7) Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
(8) Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
(9) Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
(10) But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
(11) To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen
Casting all your care upon Him: You and I need to present all our worries, anxieties, and problems to God in order to let Him handle them.
Be Sober means to be self-disciplined, to think rationally and not foolishly.
Be vigilant: means to be alert to the spiritual pitfalls of life and take appropriate steps to make certain that we do not stumble.
Your adversary: Satan is our avowed enemy. He never ceases from being hostile toward us; he is constantly accusing us before God. (Job 1:9; Job 2:7;Zech 3:1, Luke 22:31; Rev 12:10)
Like a roaring lion: Satan is both cunning and cruel. He attacks when least expected and desires to destroy completely those whom he attacks.
Resist him: You and I are not commanded to run, but to resist, to fight rather than flee. Victory comes when we remain committed to God, because He is greater than our enemy.
1 John 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world
Perfect: Like a doctor setting broken bone, God will mend our broken lives and , make us whole
Establish: God will make our way stable, despite the instability we feel living in a world that inflicts suffering upon us.
Strengthen: God will give us the ability to succeed in all that we do for Him.
Settle: as a consequence of our facing the attacks of our enemy, God will build in us a firm foundation that will make us steadfast and immovable.
the glory and the dominion: God is in control of all things both in the world and throughout eternity.
Amen: Responding to the Word of God by saying “amen”
Accept Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, today. Today is the day of salvation. Now is the accepted time. Salvation is a free gift. You may not really have tomorrow. Have a Blessed Day.
Written By Edward Jeffries