I was watching Dr. Charles Stanley’s In Touch Program, one afternoon, and he was speaking on dealing with crisis. Below are 15 biblical principles he offered. They helped me, and I pray that they will help you, also.
1. I must see the crisis the way God wants me to see it Romans 8:28.
2. God is in control of everything. Psalms 103:19
3. Don’t lose heart because you don’t understand why Isaiah 55
4. Don’t make quick judgments when a crisis comes.
5. Focus on God, instead of the crisis.
6. Avoid focusing on the pain.
7. Recall YOUR past CRISISES, and the opportunities that followed them.
8. Don’t respond in anger.
9. Submit yourself to the will of God, regarding the situation.
10. Demonstrate a sense of gratitude.
11. Determine in your life to view the crisis as an opportunity TO GROW.
12. Refuse to listen to unscriptural advice from other people.
13. Remain in constant prayer, listening to God’s instructions.
14. Refuse to give way to your changing emotions.
15. Obey God, and leave all the consequences to Him.